Make your own Mancala Game!
Thanks to Kristy R., 14, from Wisconsin for this cool game!
What You Need
- 1 cardboard egg carton
- 2 plastic butter dishes
- 1 large piece of cardboard that can hold the items above
- lots of marbles
- small tokens
What You Do:
- Take the egg carton and cut it in half so you have 12 little containers.
- Then take the card board and on one end place ( do not glue yet) one butter dish and place the other butter dish on the other side.
- The egg carton should fit between the butter dishes.
- Paint everything from the cardboard to the dishes.
- Now you are ready to play.
How to Play:
- Sit across from your opponent and place game between the two of
you so that your collection box (the butter dish) is to your right and your opponent's box is to your left.
- Fill each egg carton bin with 4 tokenss such as buttons or beans.
- The object is to collect the most tokens in your collection
- The youngest player can go first.
- Play begins by picking up all tokens in any one bin on your side of the game, which is the row facing you.
- Place a token in the bin to the right of the empty bin and continue dropping tokens one by one counterclockwise.
- If you reach your collection box, drop a token in the box and continue to your opponent's side until all tokens in your hand
- Do not drop a token in your opponent's box.
- Gain an extra turn when the last token ends in your box.
- If the last token lands on your side of the game take all of your opponent's tokens from his bin opposite that empty bin.
- Place them in your box.
- Your opponent resumes play.
- When bins from one side of the game are emtpy, the game stops.
- Count tokens in boxes.
Copyright © 2006 A Girl's World Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.